Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notes from 6/4/2011

Go down

Notes from 6/4/2011 Empty Notes from 6/4/2011

Post  klamp Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Overview

-Reel Worth Update
-Brainstorming Continued

Reel Worth Update

I was informed recently that Claude Comair might not be the best person to contact regarding the fund raising issue. It was suggested that I would probably get better results from contacting Meighan Shoesmith. With that in mind, I have sent her an e-mail regarding our request and will wait to hear what she has to say. In the meantime, we will continue to work on our new idea.

Brainstorming Continued

We talked about many different ideas today, some involving fairytales, short stories, or other such scenarios, but there seemed to be two major ideas that attracted the most attention.

The first idea was working more with the "walking a pet" concept. Some of the scenarios discussed involved...

• A creature is alone in the park, watching other creatures being walked by their masters. The creature is lonely and wants a master as well. After searching, the creature finds someone who seems willing to be it's master, only to discover that the person is a hunter/taxidermist/fur-trapper/etc., and they end up killing the creature.
  • A creature seeks out a master and finds an old lady. It turns out the old lady is blind, and upon crossing the road the creature unwittingly leads the old lady into oncoming traffic. The creature promptly flees the scene of the crime.

The other idea we were kicking around regarded interactions with a guy wearing a bear costume head. It revolves around the idea that there's a normal guy, and another guy wearing a bear head, and for some reason everyone loves the dude with the bear head. The normal guy is exasperated by the notion that no one else views this as strange, and is especially frustrated because everyone likes the guy with the bear head more than him. The piece would be a series of scenes, or vignettes, in which the two characters were interacting with other people, displaying the general impressions these two characters give people.

Since these two topics were the most exciting and inspiring, for next week we will focus on generating more ideas for them. By next meeting we should have some more fleshed out versions of these two concepts, whether that mean storyboards, character/environment sketches, or simply written ideas of how the piece would progress.

I see both of these concepts being able to fit into very short films, and I think we should keep them that way. This will be a good opportunity for us to really play around with aesthetic and animation style and not get bogged down in trying to make an epic saga.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

**OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE SATURDAY, JUNE 11th, 4PM AT VICTOR'S COFFEE. PLEASE BE ON TIME AND BRING WHATEVER MATERIALS ARE NEEDED TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS.**
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down