Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penguin Concepts

4 posters

Go down

Penguin Concepts Empty Penguin Concepts

Post  klamp Thu May 13, 2010 2:26 am

Was working on some silhouettes of penguins. Lemme know which ones you guys like more than others...

Penguin Concepts Pengui11
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Penguin Concepts Empty Re: Penguin Concepts

Post  randy Thu May 13, 2010 11:07 pm

A and L are my favorites, although I wouldn't be opposed to using 4 or 5 of these shapes to give good character variety to the penguin horde.

randy

Back to top Go down

Post  klamp Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Penguin Concepts Pengui12

Couple more penguin sketches. Playing around with eye shapes, too.
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyssa Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 am

Penguin Concepts Pengui10
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Penguin Concepts Empty leader and one big guy

Post  Nyssa Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Penguin Concepts Pengui11
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Penguin Concepts Empty the penguin leader turn about

Post  Nyssa Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 am

Penguin Concepts The_le10

something is missing, this is a sketchy turn around i would like to get it done before friday but who knows, tell me what you think and then i will post it on svn
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Penguin Concepts Empty Cronies

Post  Nyssa Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 am

Penguin Concepts Cronie10

oh wow, sketchy turn around again to get a sense of the big guys form, i want him to look a little less confident and also a little stupid ;P not sure how many variations we need i don't think to many sense they are not really the main focus
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  DSpriggs Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:09 pm

I really like the graphic shapes, they're simple and they're definitely moving away from the typical penguin design found in all penguin movies for the past ten years! I like where the cronie's at, he definitely looks like dumb brute.

I think both of them would benefit with eyes that allowed for more expressiveness - don't know what exactly, maybe something to do with the colors of the brow to set it apart from the rest of the black head/body? Might be good to have some whites above the pupil as well, atleast in default pose. IDK, penguins' eyes are pretty bland in real life :/

Random thoughts - maybe if you tussled up the black strip under the leader's beak it would hint at a little mexi-stache. Might make him look like he takes himself seriously, but is actually a little ridiculous. For some reason when I look at him I think he moves and acts like an owl... I think he would look good with bands of hair around his neck and chest that raised when he tries to look intimidating/gets excited! Yeah

DSpriggs

Back to top Go down

Post  klamp Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:46 pm

I agree with David. I really like the shapes of the characters, and that they are very different from the penguin films out there. The penguin cronie is exaggerated, but I think the little guy could be pushed a little bit more (not too much, since it's almost there, but just a little). Like maybe his chest could be puffed up a bit more.

I also agree that their eyes should be a bit more expressive. Maybe making them bigger, or more white around the eye so we can see the pupils.

I really like where these are going, though!
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyssa Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:10 am

okay, i will try it, i didn't make the eyes very big because i don't want too humanize them very much.
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum