Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kieran's Research Thread

3 posters

Go down

Kieran's Research Thread Empty Kieran's Research Thread

Post  klamp Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Here are some images that show various stuff I'm thinking about for the project. For each image I'll explain what I like and think we might be able to incorporate.

Kieran's Research Thread The_Snow_Triplets_by_weirdink

I really like the colors in this one. Also, the simplified shapes are good, though for our project I don't think I'd want to go quite as simplified.

Kieran's Research Thread Commbusts

Again, really like the colors in this one. I also like her art style, and how there's a little bit of roughness and open brushform to her painting. If we could find some way to incorporate that into our textures I think it might look cool.

Kieran's Research Thread Ipods

Again, I like the colors in this one.

Kieran's Research Thread Curls

Another one by Loish. Again, great colors and texture.

Kieran's Research Thread Penguinspr

And finally, this one seems the most applicable because it includes our theme/setting. I love the colors. More importantly, look at the way the forms and shapes are simplified and stylized. This is the kind of stylization that I think could make our piece awesome. We still want detail, but we want it simplified and stylized and, most importantly, visually pleasing!

I'll consider this an ongoing thread where I will post other stuff when I find it.
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Kieran's Research Thread Empty Housing ideas

Post  klamp Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 pm

I was also thinking about housing ideas - as in, what sort of homes the people of this ice village would live in - and I was thinking that we might explore other options than just igloos. I am not opposed to igloos, but there might be better options out there, too, and I wouldn't want to rule those out.

This is wandering into Chase's domain, so I'm interested to see the research he delivers and the ideas he comes up with, but here are a few pictures of "snow shacks" to show other options for housing:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/20031145.jpg

http://ih2.redbubble.net/work.1934.11.flat,550x550,075,f.snow-shack.jpg

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/HHLtDave5/HHLtDave50612/HHLtDave5061200031/659571.jpg
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Kieran's Research Thread Empty Rendering Effects

Post  klamp Mon May 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Here's some other inspiration I was thinking of for getting that hand-painted, slightly textured look to our work:

The texturing in this one is pretty heavy. It's beautiful, but I was thinking that we would go more subtle than this if we decided to add texture.

This one has a bit of that texturing effect, too. It sort of looks like those newer Zelda games, though, which is an artistic style I was not intending to use with our project.
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Kieran's Research Thread Empty Re: Kieran's Research Thread

Post  Nyssa Tue May 11, 2010 5:56 pm

That is one of my favorite artist on deviant art, beautiful color work, i like everything that you've posted here

i like the textures, i like it a lot, I kinda like the zelda look but not so much that it looks like zelda you know ;P

on another thought how do i put pictures up?
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  randy Thu May 13, 2010 6:49 am

really like the way that artist uses warm characters on cool backgrounds. penguins picture was awesome. I definitely love the appeal of simple shapes.

randy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down