Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notes from 8/2/2010

Go down

Notes from 8/2/2010 Empty Notes from 8/2/2010

Post  klamp Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:21 am

Overview

-Retrospective
-Tasks for Next Meeting

Retrospective

This meeting was mostly to take a step back and see where we are. At the beginning of the summer, our goal was to have pre-production done by the start of the fall semester. Here is a list of the pre-pro work we've done so far (in no particular order):

• Character concepts
  • Ariki model sheet
  • Maieka model sheet
  • Ruru model sheet
  • Mahaka model sheet
  • Preliminary Dad model sheet
  • Preliminary Hongi model sheet
  • Style guide
  • Viz dev paintings
  • Preliminary house designs
  • Revised script
  • Preliminary top-down village map
  • "Waterfront" set concept
  • Preliminary "village play area" set concept
  • Research

That being said, we are still missing the following items:

• Storyboards
  • Animatic
  • Polished Model Sheets
  • Finalized top-down map
  • Finalized "Village play area" set concept
  • "Mahaka's house" set concept
  • "Fishing area" set concept

I believe we have developed an excellent amount of content this summer and, even though we are missing some items, I am fairly confident that we will be able to hit our goal (or close to it) by the beginning of the fall semester.

I would also like to start getting together all the materials we have thus far into one central place (SVN) so I can organize them in a presentation. As I stated at the meeting, I believe the more we prove to the professors that we know what we're doing, the more they will leave us alone to do what we want. I'd love to knock their socks off with the viz dev we've done so far so they don't mess up our senior year like they did our junior year.

Tasks for Next Meeting

Here are the tasks everyone will be working on for the next meeting (8/9/2010)...

• Kieran: Start on storyboards and remember to put the 2nd draft of the script on SVN.
  • Nyssa: Concept penguin designs. Time permitting, work on finishing up Dad and Hongi's model sheets.
  • Randy: Make renders of all the rigging, snow particle, and fur shader research completed to go in the presentation.
  • Chase: Continue working on Mahaka's house set. Pass concept to Chin for paintover.
  • Chin: Do paintovers for Chase's set concepts. Time permitting, start polishing the model sheets by doing paintovers of those as well.
  • David: Continue concepting houses and architecture.

Looking forward to seeing more progress at the next meeting!
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down