Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All together now

+2
randy
Nyssa
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All together now - Page 2 Empty Re: All together now

Post  klamp Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:01 am

Man, moving has put me behind on a lot of this stuff. Let me try and catch up on comments/crits...

Randy: "Fatties always have squinty eyes, too. Just look at Kieran." I hate you.

Nyssa: I'll start with the viz dev painting since my comments will be real quick: AWESOME!!! I love the fact that you and Chin are doing these. I didn't even ask for them, but they are a great idea and I absolutely love them. They explore the characters' personalities and relationships and give depth and life to them. You guys should definitely continue to produce them when inspiration strikes and you have the spare time.

Now, moving on to some of the turnarounds...

In general, I think that there's still something a bit off about the Dad and Hongi's turnarounds. Like, the life of them in the sketches didn't make it over to the more finished looking turnarounds. Not sure exactly how to improve this, except to do some tweaking. This might also be something to discuss in person at our next meeting, since I think I'll be able to express myself more clearly in spoken words.

However, there are a couple of things I can concretely put my finger on now and address specifically. They are as follows:

• I agreed with Chase about darkening the green on the coat, but now I think it is a little too dark (soooorrry D:) Maybe try finding a happy medium between the two?
  • Also, for some reason, the Dad looks really compressed in this image (height-wise). Maybe it's just the fact that he's a little stocky/wide. But for some reason he doesn't look as compressed in the sketch.
  • Check out the image below...

All together now - Page 2 Bigboy10

When I saw Hongi from the front, it gave me a different impression of how he looked in 3d than the way you had turned him in the model sheet. Just the way his face looked, I imagined there being a slope to the front of his face, sort of like a teardrop, leaving the bottom part of his head feeling a bit heavier. Also, maybe the noses would be a bit flatter on these characters. Let me know what you think of this, and we can also discuss this more at the next meeting.

Anyway, those are my thoughts so far. Sorry about the huge post!
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyssa Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 pm

I can't look at the picture you posted for some reason so i guess we will just have to talk about it at the next meeting.
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyssa Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:37 pm

All together now - Page 2 Bigboy12

All together now - Page 2 Dadtur12

until the meeting here is a a little tweeks i did
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

All together now - Page 2 Empty Character overpaint

Post  DSpriggs Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 am

So I figured I'd give it a go - the main change that I think is important is the new hair shape, and the hat looking like it conforms to his head a little more. Other than that, just a bunch of other minor changes.

All together now - Page 2 Bigboy13.th

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DSpriggs

Back to top Go down

All together now - Page 2 Empty hongi faces

Post  Nyssa Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:56 pm

All together now - Page 2 Hongif10
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content