Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notes from 5/28/2011

Go down

Notes from 5/28/2011 Empty Notes from 5/28/2011

Post  klamp Sun May 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Overview

-Reel Worth Update
-Website Update
-Brainstorming

Reel Worth Update

At a previous meeting we had talked about whether we wanted to continue working on Reel Worth or not. It was decided that we would complete the film if we were given funding to do so. That being said, I sent an e-mail to Claude asking his permission to post Reel Worth up on Kickstarter.com to start raising funds, but thus far there has been no response.

We decided during this meeting that we should send Claude another e-mail with an ultimatum: we will start raising funds for Reel Worth on Kickstarter unless Claude responds saying we cannot. This way, if he responds then we have a written answer, and if he doesn't then his negligence works in our favor as well.

In the meantime, we will work out a budget for the film and determine how much to ask for. After the film is posted to Kickstarter, we will use the fund-raising time to work on another small project.

Website Update

Recently I went ahead and purchased the domain robojams.com. We still need to secure hosting, however, before we can start actually designing and building the site. A friend of mine is currently hosting my site for free, so I will check with him to see if he'd be willing to do the same for Robojams. In the event he will not host our site, we'll need to look into other options, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Brainstorming

We then proceeded to talk about what we'd like out of our next project. Below were the various opinions and ideas voiced:

• Working in the style of Creature Box (www.creaturebox.com) - exaggerated, detailed, comic book style
  • Smaller scope for the project. Shorter
  • More involved environments. Something the character(s) actually interact with
  • Possibly re-visit the "walking a pet" scenario
  • Setting the project in an environment with old ruins
  • Futuristic/Bladerunner-esque setting
  • Incorporating more Flash - animation and effects
  • More ambient animations to make the world seem alive
  • Re-skinning/Re-telling an old myth or ghost story
  • Using Jermz's storyboards final as the project

We decided to let these ideas stew for a bit. For our next meeting, everyone should either find a myth/ghost story OR refine an idea that could be used as our next project. Everyone should have something to bring to the table and discuss.

**OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE SATURDAY, JUNE 4th, 4PM AT VICTOR'S COFFEE. PLEASE BE ON TIME AND BRING A PROJECT IDEA TO DISCUSS.**
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down