Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notes from 1/6/2011

Go down

Notes from 1/6/2011 Empty Notes from 1/6/2011

Post  klamp Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Overview

-A New Direction
-Animatic Comps

A New Direction

Those people who were back in town already met up yesterday to discuss the direction of the project. Based on our progress at then end of last semester - and over the break - we all agreed that we should aim to have a trailer finished by the end of the school year. While we all still like the project, and I believe most of us want to see it finished, we also believe that it is more important for us to not fail PRJ450 and that we should have something as awesome and polished as possible to show potential employers by the end of the semester.

At the end of the school year, we will then check in with each individual member to see who wants to continue working on the project. In some cases, it may not be feasible to continue working on the project based on job offers, availability, etc. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Animatic Comps

In the meantime, since we have decided to switch to a trailer, we now need to come up with an idea for the trailer. I asked everyone at the meeting to look over the clips we have (check the 3d and/or 2d animatic) and decide which clips they would like included in the trailer.

Keep in mind the purpose of a trailer...

• to create interest in the project
  • to introduce the concept/look-and-feel of our piece
  • to show off our skills, much like a demo reel would

Think about these things when deciding on clips for the trailer. I'm assuming most of our team will be looking to get hired by the end of the school year, and this project should be a big selling point to show future employers. Make sure to include clips that show off what you can do.

***OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE TOMORROW (SATURDAY, JANUARY 8th). PLEASE CHECK THE ANNOUNCEMENTS SECTION FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS MEETING***
klamp
klamp

Back to top Go down