Robojams Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two worlds ideas

2 posters

Go down

Two worlds ideas Empty Two worlds ideas

Post  lawhcha Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 am

Trying to pull from everyone's ideas from today's meeting

So, I still like the idea that the character is this nomad type guy who has traveled to find something or to figure out how to get to the other world some how. The guy keeps a record of how far away the time of the "crossing" will happen, It would be cool if he could tell through some type of watch device, but who knows a scroll would work too haha.

As far as what these places are like, I was thinking that the inner world is full of non believers, those who are content with what they have on this world. I picture the world kind of a scavenger world, where everyone uses everything for anything. Like a make shift type world. And the main character is a sort of "believer" and finds a way to get to the other world somehow.

I picture the outer world as a place for only believers of those who believed in the second world and believed there was something better than what they had, and they all worked hard to get there.

Just randomly typing up ideas.

lawhcha

Back to top Go down

Two worlds ideas Empty Re: Two worlds ideas

Post  randy Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am

I liked David's idea of having this guy receive and decode messages while everyone thinks he's crazy. Maybe this could be combined with the nomadic person. Perhaps he's constructed some kind of calendar system or an antikythera device from the refuse of his realm.

David also had an awesome idea about how the moment of our character crossing the threshold to the other world might look, which I think he'd be better at explaining than me.

randy

Back to top Go down

Post  lawhcha Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:10 am

randy wrote:I liked David's idea of having this guy receive and decode messages while everyone thinks he's crazy. Maybe this could be combined with the nomadic person. Perhaps he's constructed some kind of calendar system or an antikythera device from the refuse of his realm.

David also had an awesome idea about how the moment of our character crossing the threshold to the other world might look, which I think he'd be better at explaining than me.

Maybe not just messages, but like an astronomer. Like he can see certain things (lights from top of buildings from other side) or something some pattern he has come to learn, would be really cool. Like after all this time he has watched he is able to draw out some sort of map, that lets him know where and when would be a good time to jump to the other side. Or something.

lawhcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down